PBIOS welcomes Stephen Castle, President and Owner of Cowboys Resources Corporation, as president of the 2018 show.
Birthdate: April 14, 1952 in Tyler, Texas and is a 3rd Generation Texan
Marital Status: Married to Kay Salisbury Castle for 47 years
Children: Three children – Suzanne, David and Andrew, Granddaughter - Ava
1958 Moved to Midland, TX. Attended MISD schools from 1958-1968 (1st through 10th grades).
1968 Moved to Fort Stockton, Texas.
1970 Graduated from Fort Stockton High School.
1970-1974 Attended Angelo State University in San Angelo, Texas. Worked various jobs while attending college. Graduated from Angelo State University with a BBA in Accounting.
1979 Graduated from University of Denver with a MBA in Business Management.
1974-1976 Worked for Mobil Oil Corporation in Midland, Texas. Various training and accounting assignments.
1976-1977 Worked for TRW-Reda Pump in Bartlesville, Oklahoma as a Business Specialist.
1977-1980 Worked for Mobil Oil Corporation in Denver, Colorado. Various accounting/management positions.
1980-1983 Worked for Tom Brown, Inc., Midland, Texas. Various management/accounting jobs.
1983-1999 Worked for Hanley Petroleum, Inc. and various subsidiaries in Midland, Texas. Held various management positions, including member of the Board of Directors. Last position was President of Hanley Petroleum until retirement in July, 1999.
1998-Present One of the Founders and Directors of First National Bank, now called First Capital Bank of Texas in Midland, Texas.
1999-Present President/Owner of Cowboys Resources Corporation.
1) Member of Church on the Journey, Disciples of Christ.
2) Member of Midland Exchange Club
3) 1998-2003 – Director, Treasurer, Vice President and President of Lake Brownwood Christian Retreat.
4) Boy Scouts of America – various volunteer positions for past 45 years. Have served as Vice President of Area II and on the Board of the Southern Region for B.S.A. and President of Buffalo Trail Council. Was on the committee that acquired 3,300 additional acres for Buffalo Trail Scout Ranch. Current Empowerment Chairman for Buffalo Trails Council and Area II Southern region BSA. Awarded the District Award of Merit, Silver Beaver Award, and Silver Antelope Award for service to Boy Scouts.
5) Past President and Director of the Petroleum Club of Midland.
6) 1998-2003 – on the Board of Directors and past President of the Permian Basin Petroleum Association. (P.B.P.A.)
7) Board of Trustees and past President of the Permian Basin Petroleum Museum.
8) Board of Trustees – Manor Park.
9) Past Chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Midland Chamber of Commerce.
10) Previously served on Drug Free Youth in Texas (DFYIT) local Board and Multiple Sclerosis Society (MS) Advisory Council.
11) 1991 – International President of the Council of Petroleum Accountants Society (COPAS).
12) Member of Midland West Rotary Club.
13) Former President and current member of the Board of Trustees of Midland College.
14) Current board member and Past Chairman of the Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association (TIPRO) - Mr. TIPRO Award 2017.
15) Past President of the Board of Directors of Permian Basin Petroleum Pioneers (PBPP).
16) Current President and board member of the Permian Basin International Oil Show.
17) Board member and Past President of Midland Odessa Transportation Alliance (MOTRAN).